Thursday, November 20, 2008

Easy Wall Decor


I could be happier with the results of this but the idea is good. I went with cheap and easy and it didn't turn out quite as cute as I think it could have. Overall, for the price....I guess I am happy!

This is so simple and could be adapted to any size, style or color palette. Sorry I don't have pics for the tutorial....I am writing this after the fact!

Supplies:

Styrofoam
Patterned scrapbook paper
Cooridinating solid scrapbook paper or ribbon
Adhesive- I used spray adhesive and glue dots


1. Get pieces of styrofoam. I used precut pieces that came 4 to a pack and were 9 x 12 x 1. If I wanted to make it look even better, I would have bought several bigger pieces of styrofoam and cut them to 12 x 12 x 1. I also would probably buy another set of 4 since I have such a big wall. Anyway......you get the idea......this is fully customizable.

2. Cut your styrofoam or your paper to size.

3. Spray the top of the styrofoam and the back of the patterned paper and apply. I also added a glue dot to each corner just to be sure!

4. Cut your solid paper or your ribbon to size.

5. Spray your paper and the styrofoam and apply (I also used a glue dot at each end of these strips as well). If using ribbon I would use Aleen's Tacky glue or something like that.

6. I have read to put picture hangers in the back of the styrofoam but I just put two nails in the wall......one on top and one on bottom (so that they would hang evenly) and stuck the styrofoam on those.

Here is a professional picture of some.......they claim that this is the method they used for this artwork. Looks pretty cool in my opinion! You could also cover the styrofoam in fabric as an alternative.

No comments: